How to Book
We have an online booking system for your convenience, so that you can book any time of day or night. Please note that all our bookings are for a minimum of two nights.
To check availability and to book any room go to the calendar at the foot of each of the individual room pages. Available dates are shown in green, with the tariff displayed. To make your booking follow these steps:
- Place the cursor on the date when you would like to start your stay and left click on your mouse. You will be redirected to the "Welcome to Whitby" website, which hosts our booking system. At the bottom of that page there is a simple form for you to complete with your name and contact details.
- When you enter the number of nights that you wish to stay the total cost will be calculated and displayed. If the booking is within the next 14 days the "To Pay" will be shown as the full amount. If it is for further in the future, a £50 deposit is payable regardless of how many nights your booking is for. The balance will be collected automatically from the given card 14 days before your stay.
- If you wish to proceed left click the "Book Now" button and you will be taken to a summary of your booking and the terms and conditions.
- If the details are correct tick the acceptance box and you will be taken to a secure page where you can enter your card details to complete your booking.
Once you have completed your booking you will receive an automatically generated email to give you confirmation, and your chosen dates will be blanked out in red on the calendar so that there is no possibility of a double booking. If your stay is over 14 days away you will receive a further email when the balance is collected.
If you have any problems with the online booking system, or you prefer a form of payment other than by card, please do not hesitate to phone us on one of the numbers shown or email us via the "Contact Us" tab.
Based on two people sharing a room, prices as follows:
Room 1 Standard Double
£90 per night
Room 2 Standard Double
£90 per night
Room 3 Luxury King-size
£120 per night
Please note that all our bookings are for a minimum of two nights.
The above rates include a full English breakfast, or one of our alternatives of your choice, including vegetarian options.
Please let us know well in advance if you or others in your party have any food allergies or special dietary requirements.
We welcome supervised children to stay over the age of 12 years, who will be charged the full adult rate.
Free parking is available for all rooms, and there is secure storage for pedal cycles.
Unfortunately we cannot take pets. We have livestock on the farm and pets of our own.
We are a strictly 'no smoking' establishment, and smoking is NOT permitted anywhere within the house or grounds.
Food in Rooms
Guests are NOT allowed to consume take-away food in their room.
Payments by credit or debit card may be made via this website. Please contact us direct if you wish to use any other payment option.
We are able to supply gift vouchers for any amount to pay for, or towards, a stay at Skerry Hall Farm. Just phone or email for details.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Bookings and Payment
- A non-returnable deposit of £50.00 shall be made at the time of booking.
- The balance must be paid 14 days before arrival unless agreed otherwise with the owners. If you have booked using our online system the balance will be collected automatically 14 days before your visit.
- The whole amount must be paid if the booking is made within 14 days before arrival.
- Payments may be made by card, bank transfer, cash or cheque. Unfortunately we can’t accept American Express.
- If the booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the start of the booked dates the whole fee will be forfeit unless the rooms concerned are subsequently booked, in which case any difference will be refunded.
- If we have to cancel the booking through unforeseen circumstances all money paid will, of course, be refunded, and every effort will be made to secure alternative accommodation.
- We may terminate the booking without refund in the circumstances of anti-social behaviour, or for breach of any of these booking conditions, but with particular regard to nuisance, smoking and take-away food in rooms.
- It is the responsibility of our guests to keep all rooms used by them free from damage. Accidents do happen, however, and we would not normally charge for minor damages. However, we do reserve the right to charge if we decide it is appropriate.
- Costs for repairs, special cleaning or lost keys may be charged.
- We are not responsible for any damage, theft or other loss belonging to the guest, unless (economic) damage is caused by negligence on our part.
- Guests are advised to take out insurance against cancellation or any loss incurred while on holiday.
- Cars are parked solely at the owner’s risk.
- Guests must not cause a nuisance or inconvenience to others by unacceptable noise or by other disturbance.
- Children of 12 years or older are welcome provided that they are supervised and well-behaved. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure their safety and that there is no cause for other guests' disturbance.
- We are a strictly 'no smoking' establishment, and smoking is not permitted anywhere within the house or grounds.
Food in Rooms
- Guests are NOT allowed to consume take-away food in their room.
Arrival & Departure
- The room(s) will normally be available from 3pm at the start of the booked dates, but please ask if you would like to deposit luggage, earlier. If you expect to arrive after 7pm please let us know in advance so that we can make any necessary arrangements. The room(s) should be vacated by 10:30 on the day of departure, unless by prior agreement otherwise.
- It would help us if you would confirm beforehand your likely time of arrival.
- We offer free wi-fi for our guests use. Please note that we have no responsibility for, or control over, the internet services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free. We have no responsibility for or over the information you transmit or receive via the service. We do not guarantee the availability of the service, the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the service, or that the service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
- Your details will not be passed on to any 3rd party, unless that is required by statute.
Please note that all information given on our website etc. is given in good faith – if there is any discrepancy it is not through any intention to mislead.
Skerry Hall Farm is an old building, and access from the farmyard is by way of two steps or a concrete ramp. Guests should not climb up and down the low wall to the raised paved area in front of the building.
One of our bedrooms is on the ground floor. The other two are on the first floor and accessible only by stairs. Whilst these are not too steep they may be unsuitable for people with limited mobility.
Access to the property is via a half mile stone track across the moor, only the last 100 metres of which has a concrete surface. It is readily accessible by most vehicles, with appropriate care, although it is not suitable for very low-slung sports cars.